The Baby Blog

Monday, April 20, 2009

Imagination at work

Jeremiah's little imagination has taken on an interesting twist lately. Inanimate objects are getting alternative names and identities. It started with the stickers last week being referred to as people and then other objects around his room. This has continued with tributes to Uncle Matt, Aunt Ann, Nikki, Daddy, his wipes and the pig on his dresser.

However, it took everything I had not to bust up tonight when his GREEN BEANS were other things. The first one was a shovel (I thought he was referring to his fork and he corrected me). Other mention of pets, objects, and even people followed. His daddy would be so proud to know that he was a green bean tonight.

I'm also noticing him "inventing" words. I don't know what they mean or if he has picked them up somewhere. I'm just doing my best to ensure he isn't saying something he shouldn't be.

There are certainly things going on in his head that I will likely never understand.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home